sábado, 18 de diciembre de 2021

October, November and December with Nancy

 

Hello, it’s about time I introduce myself! My name is Nancy and I am the English Language Assistant (ELA) this school year at ​​CEIP Antonio Rodríguez Almodóvar. I am from California, USA and this is my fifth year working as an ELA. 


The first few weeks were spent introducing myself and getting to know how things worked around the school. At the end of October we were learning about different body systems such as the respiratory system, the excretory system, and the reproductive system.


Once we were done with the human body systems, we moved on to geography. In this unit, we talked about Europe. The students learned about different water and land boundaries that surround and form the continent they live in. The following week I shared a presentation that focused on inland Europe. We took a look at plains, mountain ranges, the European coastline, and important rivers in Europe and Spain. 


Next on the agenda was winter holidays! I talked about Christmas and how my family and I celebrate this special holiday, but there are also other holidays the students may not have been familiar with. 


Time has flown by and I am enjoying every minute of it. I will try to do a better job with this blog to keep you up to date on everything going on with the 6th graders and all the material they are learning in their science classes. I hope you all have a great winter break with your loved ones!


P.S. To view any of the presentations linked to this blog post, just click on the underlined word and once the tab opens click on Presentación (top right) to begin the slideshow!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario